Sunday, July 8, 2012

Not A HOLIDAY/VACATION Week Here

So if you live in North Carolina (or South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana) and missed the memo...Duke Energy completed the merger with Progress Energy last Monday; for most of you this means Duke will now be your power company.  Therefore, that is exactly what I have been up to 24/7 for the last week.  Work, Work, Work.  I think I might have forgotten to breathe.  This just means my poor little blog got some neglect.  Actually, it wasn't just my blog....the neglect poured over into my friends, fiance, house, yard, kitchen, workouts etc... life has been pretty much on hold.

Therefore tonight, I decided to be a good little girl and have a hot meal on the table for "Charleston" when he got home from hanging out with the boys.  I tried something new and it turned out AMAZING therefore I just had to share with you....this is the easiest recipe and a total crowd pleaser.  I WILL make this the next time we have friends over.

Chicken Rollatini with Prosciutto and Cheese
by Gina's Skinny Recipes
Find the recipe here:  YUM YUM YUM

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
4 (2.8 oz) slices thin lean prosciutto, sliced in half
4 slices Sargento reduced fat provolone or mozzarella, sliced in half
1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
1 lemon, juice of
1 tbsp olive oil
fresh pepper
1/4 red onion, sliced
olive oil non-stick spray

Wash
 and 
dry
 cutlets well with paper towels. 
Combine
 breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl and olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper in another bowl.




Dip the chicken in the lemon-oil mixture, then in the breadcrumbs to coat well. Place each cutlet on a work surface such as a cutting board and lay 1/2 slice prosciutto, 1/2 slice cheese and a few chunks red onion on one side of the chicken cutlet.  


Preheat
 oven to 450°. Lightly
 spray
 a baking dish with non-stick spray.



Roll 
and 
place 
seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). 
Repeat
 with the remaining chicken. When finished, 
top
 with remaining crumbs and spray lightly with oil.
Bake
 25 - 30 minutes. 
Serve 
immediately! 



Just try it!!!  You will love!!!

No comments: