"Charleston" and I had a little discussion the other night about vegetables. He is as much into healthy eating as I am which helps me out A LOT. Like any guy, he has to have a meat with every meal but he is definitely not a meat and potato dude. With his medial condition, salads are still very hard for him to digest so I am always searching for new ways to prepare healthy vegetables.
I came home from the grocery store the other night with asparagus and okra. I planned on grilling the okra and steaming the asparagus until he informed me that he "really doesn't like okra or asparagus; I was just eating it because that's all you every buy." Well OK then..................
So tonight, I am onto trying something new.
Enter....
Roasted Cauliflower
Think he will go for it?

via
I plan on using the following recipe from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
I plan on using the following recipe from Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Ingredients:
6 cups uncooked cauliflower florets (about 1 large) cut small
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Combine cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper well so all the florets are coated and seasoned. Place in a large shallow roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
Roast for about 25-35 minutes, turning florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked. Remove from oven and top with Parmigiano Reggiano and additional salt and pepper if needed.


No comments:
Post a Comment