Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween At Our House

.
Halloween last night at our house was super low key. 
We had dinner consisting of Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos (recipe below), had some friends over for wine and beer and enjoyed handing out candy to the fifty or so kiddos that came trick-or-treating. 


On Tuesday night, Halloween Eve, Ryan came and joined us for our pumpkin carving session....can you guess whose pumpkin is whose?!
Umm yea..... Ryan (left) and I (right) decided to go for the traditional Jack-O-Lantern.  "Charleston", on the other hand, proved a little more crafty then I have ever given him credit for.  His deer turned out shockingly well!


 
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
From the blog:  Emily Bites
Recipe Link Here:  Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
** I made one alteration to her recipe.  I used an entire bottle (17.5 ounces) of Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce instead of the 12 ounces it calls for.  I also left out the butter.**

Hands down this was the EASIEST meal I have ever made.  Emily serves her chicken on buns to make a sandwich.   I decided to turn them into tacos.  I put the shredded chicken on soft flour tortillas with blue cheese crumbles, shredded cabbage and diced tomato's.
After dinner, I took the leftovers, placed into a serving bowl and our friends scooped it up with Tostitos just like nachos.  One recipe served two purposes!  Can't beat that! 


Trick-Or-Treat.....BOO!

No comments: