Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life Is Messy.....But Worth The Ride



Geez Louise.  Last week was a serious roller coaster of emotions.

"Charleston's" precious cousin Madelyn passed away so we spent two days in Kingsport, TN with his family.  I will never question God's plan for each of us but sometimes his plan is very hard to accept.  It was a rough two days, watching such a sweet and dear family go through something that no one should EVER experience.  My heart breaks for Aunt Kathy, Uncle Sam and Samantha and I know there is a long road of healing ahead but I hope each day they get a little stronger, knowing Madelyn is in a wonderful place. 

Upon returning to Charlotte after the funeral, a quick trip to the CVS Minute Clinic left me with a diagnosis of an ear infection and a sinus infection.  Along with that came a fever, cough, and all things glorious associated with a cold.  A heavy dose of drugs and a day spent at home in bed turned the table around enough for me to feel better on Saturday.

My precious college girlfriends threw me a Christmas Wedding Shower at Aquavina for lunch Saturday afternoon.  I could not have asked for anything better; it was AMAZING.  We sipped mimosas and enjoyed salad, salmon, fillet and tomato bisque for lunch while I opened fun Christmas decorations for our house!
I can't thank them enough.

In between all of that, "Charleston" and I picked out a Christmas tree and wreath for our house and I am still in the process of finalizing all of the decorations but stay tuned, Christmas decoration photo's to come!


Me with the shower hosts!
Back (L to R):  Ashley Lackey, Me, Lori Carson, Ashley Smithson
Front (L to R):  Laura Faust, Leslie Resnick, Jennifer Tallent, Leann Spadaro
Sara Boehm and Lee Ann Jones ---you were missed!!!



"Charleston" installed a light to shine on our front porch so you can see our wreath at night.  Pretty good little handyman!

Front Door Wreath

First Christmas in our home.


Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were picking out pumpkins for Halloween?!!!!!
I promise we showered before the pumpkin patch...don't know why our friends didn't want to stand near us!

No comments: