Our engagement session with Cyn, a year ago in June, was our first "real" step to our wedding. We had already selected our venue and several of our vendors, but this session brought the entire reality to life.
This man was going to be my husband.
It was almost surreal.
He really did choose ME to be the one that stands by him throughout each of life's events; creating a story together from now until the end.
Even as I type these sentences, I am breathless as to what kind of decision we made and commitment we made together because it is incredibly powerful and humbling at the same time.
Since I met Matt our slogan has always been "Team Of Two" because that is how we operate.
Most newlyweds get to spend at least their first year of married life riding on a cloud and floating through the in's and out's of learning to adjust to sharing your decisions/space/time/commitments with your new spouse.
That puffy cloud of newlywedness kind of floated by Matt and I a little too fast before we were faced last month with real life. To make a long story short, on June 21st Matt has his first of three surgeries to remove his colon and have reconstructive surgery. Operations, procedures, hospital stays, pain and life altering adjustments have become our new normal.
But.....
I love OUR puffy cloud because it has taken us to a whole new place together as a couple and strengthened our marriage in ways that take most people decades to get to.
This was God's plan for us.
As much as we wanted to point fingers and question why God was sending Matt through this so early in his life, there was no question in my mind that God knew Matt and I could handle this as a "Team Of Two."
I have looked at my husband in a whole new light and seen just how strong of a man he really is.
It is crazy what a difference only a year can make.....
Our Engagement Post From Cyn's Blog: Blain and Matt Engagement
I love you Matthew Cole!








No comments:
Post a Comment