Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Dessert - Ice Cream Sandwiches


Matt and I could not be more happy that our friends, Katie and Preston Browder have moved into the neighborhood! 

(I stole this pic from facebook! Thanks friends!)

Several Sundays ago they had a bunch of us over to grill out and see their new home. I offered to bring the dessert and, oh boy, did I find a new summer treat!!!

"Homemade" Ice Cream Sandwiches

Ingredients
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (or your favorite ice cream of choice)
Pepperidge Farm Shortbread Cookies
Pepperidge Farm Snickerdoodle Cookies
Plastic wrap/Cling Wrap/Saran Wrap...whatever you want to call it

Directions
Scoop around 2 Tbs of ice cream onto a cookie.
Top with the same kind second cookie
Wrap individually with cling wrap
Repeat as many times as you want and place individually wrapped cookies in freezer
Done
ITS THAT EASY!

I made our cookies ahead of time since I was in a time crunch that afternoon and they were fabulous even after 8 hours of hanging out in the freezer; they definitely could go longer or shorter depending on your schedule.

They were a huge hit and will definitely make an appearance again at the next cookout.


 

No comments: