Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall Porch at the Atkins House

I switched it up this year.
The past two years my porch consisted of pumpkins, sunflowers and hay bales.  I had a slight obsession with pumpkins; especially when Harris Teeter was selling them for $3 a piece; I couldn't resist.

Several weeks ago, on our millionth trip to Lowes, I fell in love with purple mums.  That's when I ditched the pumpkin/hay bale idea and went with a foliage approach for the front porch.
I love the way it turned out and how it brought a little more life to our house!
Do you agree?!

Fall Porch 2013 - Pumpkins and Hay Bales

Fall Porch 2014 - Foliage
Several months ago I also added new plants to the large pots.  The previous plants were not symmetric (I am a little OCD) and the one on the left was slowly dying.
They were there when we bought the house so I had no shame in trashing them and starting over with something more my taste!

HAPPY FALL YALL!

No comments: