We had our anatomy scan yesterday and up until the time we walked into the ultrasound room I was calm as a cucumber. I have felt amazing the past 18 weeks and it all just seemed to surreal. I had a hunch of what I thought our little peanut was going to be but didn't want to get my hopes up one way or the other. Girl or boy, it didn't matter as long as his/her little lungs were working, heart was beating, kidney's were pumping and brain was functioning. The important stuff.
I will remember yesterday forever because it was the first moment that felt really like we were a family of three :) As I laid down, Matt sat calmly in the chair beside me. As the tech started getting our little peanut into focus, she immediately asked if we were ready to see the gender. I don't know about Matt but I was totally caught off guard; she already knew!!! That quick!!!
At the top of the ultrasound screen she had written:
HI MOM AND DAD !!! IT'S A
And now she was just waiting for us to give her the go.
As soon as we both responded, she typed BOY!!!
Of course, tears started flowing out both sides of my eyes as I tried to control myself. I was already in love. We were going to have a son.
Matt grabbed my hand in between his and brought them up to his face. He didn't say anything as he covered his mouth and kissed my hand; I knew he was over the moon.
The rest of the visit seemed absolutely surreal We watched as the tech quickly clicked around taking measurements and making notes. Every time she said the word "he" another tear would flow. I could not hold in the shear excitement that she was referring to our son!!! Seriously, we are having a little boy!!! I think I am still walking on water :)
Throughout the ultrasound, our little BOY would not stop moving! As soon as the tech would get close to the picture or the measurement she would need, HE would throw his little hand up and block her. She would try and catch a measurement of HIS leg bones and HE would immediately cross HIS legs together. HE was in no mood to be prodded at :) (Stubborn like his mother.) Several times she was trying to get HIM to hold still and HE would flip over on HIS belly. It blows my mind how active HE is so early on and I don't feel a thing.
Matt watched the entire time in shear aw. As she went through each organ and gave it the thumbs up, I could feel myself breathe again. Everything checked out healthy and normal. That's all we really wanted to hear.
I cannot wait to see what kind of adventure our little boy is going to take us on in this life ahead! I am one happy momma to be !!!



No comments:
Post a Comment