Friday, May 4, 2012

Black Bean Brownies and New WW Round!

.
On Wednesday I started a new "round" of Weight Watchers here at work which means I just completed my last round like a champ!  I am proud to announce that in this past session I lost a total of 14.5 lbs!
I can say that my eating habits have done a complete 180 and I have a much better appreciation for food.  I can also say that with the change in my eating habits, my wallet has also gotten a little fatter.  When you start to cut down on your portions, especially if they were as out of control as mine were, your food goes a lot further!
I am excited to start again, especially since a couple more people from my little office have decided to join me :)   Motivation from co-workers really helps since I do eat breakfast and lunch with them five days a week!

Along with learning better eating habits I also experimented with many new recipes, one being:
via

I know it sounds super gross but I promise you that they are way better then the name hints; the beans give it more of a dark chocolate taste.  The beneit of adding the beans is that you do not have to add eggs or vegetable oil.  They add a "bulkiness" to the brownie making it a lot more filling.  This chocolate treat then becomes a good source of fiber and protein!  Many of the women in my class said they do this to sneak in a little extra nutrition for their kiddos.
Try them!

Black Bean Brownies

15 oz can black beans
19.5 oz box chocolate brownie mix

Open can of beans, drain and rinse well (I use my colander). Put beans back in the can and fill can with water. Put beans and water in blender until smooth. Mix pureed beans with brownie package mix. DO NOT add eggs or oil. Spray baking dish with Pam. Cook brownies according to package directions. Cool and serve.

No comments: