Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bring On The Fun And Memories

.
The last five months have truly been a whirlwind. I got engaged, started planning a wedding, went through some serious health issues with “Charleston”, started house hunting, stopped house hunting, closing on THE house tomorrow, and officially moving in next Tuesday. OK, breather.

All the dreams I have thought about for so long are playing out right in front of my eyes and I wouldn’t have pictured it any other way. Pinch me right now so that I know this is real.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly overwhelmed as well but… the one thing that is keeping me grounded is knowing that once we get into our house, we are set, establishing roots for the years to come; a place to start our marriage and life together. I can’t wait for that feeling of knowing that when I walk in our front door, I am HOME. I am looking forward to slowly unpacking and putting things just right where I want them.

For the past couple years I have held off on buying ‘real’ furniture because I knew one day I would be buying a house. Now I am ready to buy furniture to fit our HOME. Even with that being said, taking advice from Alex Berlin of Things That Sparkle, “Invest in pieces you love slowly, rather than filling it with things you just like quickly.” I am looking forward to enjoying this new adventure as a slow process. Alex and her husband took two years to pick out the perfect couch - talk about patience!

“Charleston” and I are going from a 1,000 square foot apartment to a 2,400 square foot HOME so, you can only imagine how much empty space we will have but, that’s what I am excited about; SLOWLY building each room to fit our taste, wants and needs! And obviously there is a $$$ factor in there as well! Design each room as the funds come along. Therefore, over the next couple years, I can’t wait to show you the projects and progress we make in our HOME as an engaged and married couple!

Bring on the fun and memories that are ahead!

2 comments:

Laura said...

WOO HOO!!! Bring on the bubly!!!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.