Monday, January 19, 2015

A Weekend in Wilmington and 23 Weeks

What is better then spending a laid back weekend with lifelong girlfriends?
Nothing.
One of our nearest and dearest friends Leslie lives in Wilmington, NC with her husband Zack and their fur babe Banks.  My other dearest friend Lauren and I were in dire need of a girls weekend and road trip so we left Friday after work for a much needed break and bestie time.
Leslie and Zack bought a house last year, close to UNCW, and to say its PERFECTLY decorated and welcoming would be an understatement.  Leslie has the cottage chic decorating style down to a science and as soon as you step through her front door, you feel at home.
I would usually say the weekend was filled with good food and wine but....since both Leslie and I are expecting, the wine was reserved only for Lauren and extra sleep was a necessity for me and Les.
We shopped, got mani/pedi's,  ate amazing food and watched movies.  I couldn't have asked for more.
Honestly nothing feels better then being in the presence of girls that allow you to truly be who you are because they have known you for 28 years and know exactly who you are.
Dinner on Saturday night

This week was also week 23 for our Little Mister!  I think he might have hit a growth spurt this week as I actually feel pregnant now.  He did make his first movements last Wednesday night as I was laying in bed.  It was after the NC State versus UNC basketball game and I was doing my usual bedtime routine....a little Pinterest before lights off....and I could feel him move around for about five minutes.  Not sure if it was his way of telling me to turn off the light and get my butt in bed or if he was just disgruntled of the Wolfpack's loss and he was letting his frustrations out. (He will pull for his mommy's team :)  )
23 Weeks


No comments: