Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Happy 2015 !


To say 2015 is going to be a life changing year would be an understatement.
 Over New Years, our little mister crossed the 21 week mark and he is still doing fabulous!  We had a check-up on the 5th and he is growing strong with a heart beat of 144.  Keep going little buddy!!!


21 Weeks
 Last weekend Mom came to Charlotte and we spent an entire day registering for cute baby things at Buy Buy Baby, Target and Pottery Barn Kids.  If you're a mommy-to-be and live in the Charlotte area, I cannot say enough good things about the Buy Buy Baby on South Blvd.  The staff was helpful and they had everything you could possibly want!  It was slightly overwhelming but after we were finished, I could not have been more pleased with the process.

Anyway, back to New Years....

In the past, Matt and I have always purchased one of those all-you-can-drink tickets at a local watering hole and spent the entire night standing in the middle of a crowd, pushing to get to the bar and ultimately talking to the people we came with.  This year we went a little different route.

We went to dinner at Nan and Byron's with one group of friends and ended the night watching the ball drop at the Hurley's house with another group of friends.  The entire night was laid back; no pressure of finding the right sparkly dress and worrying about cab rides (permanent Uber right here!) all in the absolute best of company.
 
As we watched the ball drop and began the countdown, I found a spot right beside my main squeeze and as we went in for a big smooch on "Happy New Year", I found myself tearing up (hormones, probably.)  All at once, a glimpse of all the amazing things Matt and I are going to encounter this year flooded my mind and I was just overcome with JOY.  Yes, I got all sappy :)

Happy New Year Friends!  Bring on 2015!!!
The girls at the Hurley's house

Happy New Year from us!

Friends at Nan and Byrons

Next year this family of two will be a family of three!!!

No comments: