Last year I purchased this bible while I was in the FAMILY Christian Store in Matthews, NC getting several Christmas presents. I received a bible when I was younger after confirmation at my hometown church, and there it still sits, back in Kernersville on a bookshelf in my room. The bible for me was something impossible to pick up and just read. Well after attending Elevation church for over a year now, I have become eager to find out more about how the stories in the bible can relate to my everyday life. Pastor Furtick does an amazing job every Sunday with pulling out small pieces of scripture and relating them to things that are happening in the lives of younger adults. Whether it is about finances, relationships or tough times, he ALWAYS seems to hit the nail on the head with what I am experiencing at that very moment in my life. (Sometimes I wonder if he has a camera somewhere in my apartment giving him ideas about what I need to hear that upcoming Sunday!) I always walk away from Church with a new found sense of who I am and what God's purpose for me really is. It is a feeling that is indescribable. So......
I wanted more of this; more scripture, more teaching, more understanding, more of the amazing messages I am receiving on Sunday, but.... I wanted them everyday.
So there I sat, on the floor facing the 'Bible' shelf at FAMILY Christian Store thumbing through every devotional bible that claimed to be "The Best". There were bibles for Women of Faith, Women of Family, Single Women, Catholic Women, Divorced Women...you name the type of woman you are and it's out there. But as I read several devotionals out of 'Women's Devotional Bible by Zondervan they really hit home. It was not directed to a specific type of woman but really to a woman's mind and how we think. IT IS AN AMAZING BOOK! Every night it brings me the same feeling that I receive from Pastor Furtick on Sunday but I can now enjoy the lesson everyday of the week! Mission accomplished!
TRUST ME AND TRY IT!
(if you want several samples from the book to see if you want to purchase it, let me know and I can make some copies and email them to you!)


No comments:
Post a Comment