Monday, April 27, 2009

Ruffles And Polka Dots To The Rescue


It's that time of year again here in Charlotte! One of my favorite activities offered here in the Queen City - Alive After 5 is back for 2009!
(Don't know what AA5 is, check it here: http://www.aliveafterfiveatepicentre.com/)
Anyways, I always seem to have a struggle with what to wear to AA5. Some girls leave straight from work and head to the Epicenter wearing their office attire. Some girls run home and throw on their "Go Out - Bar clothes." Since I get off work at 2:30 I have the time to do what I want before the festivities begin. I refuse to put back on my dress pants and blouse from that days work, but I am also not ready to put on something a "fancy" because it is only 5:30pm. Therefore, last Wednesday I made the purchase above. It turned out to be the PERFECT AA5 and dinner/drinks after work attire. I usually do not even consider pulling off items with ruffles and polka dots but I figured I need to start thinking a little more outside the box. It turns out, I could not walk 50 feet without someone stopping me and asking me where I got my dress and giving me a compliment. I was excited - SCORE!

No comments: