We planned this trip in order to get away just the two of us. No schedule, no solid plan…just hop in the car and drive to some place fun.
Mission Accomplished.
If it shows you how unorganized this trip was, let me give you the perfect example:
I booked our hotel several months ago; made a deposit and never thought about it again. I SWEAR I booked the Breakers Express. We show up in Sandusky, OH Thursday night at 9pm at the Breakers Express and….. we are nowhere in their booking system. Come to find out I actually booked us at Hotel Breakers; totally different hotel! Whoops.
Long story short there were pluses and minuses to this MINOR mistake. On a positive note, at Hotel Breakers, we were now staying inside the park so we didn’t have to worry about driving to Cedar Point every morning, battling traffic and lines. We could now come and go from the roller coasters whenever we wanted and walk back and forth to our room. On a negative note, the room was DEFINITLY not luxury accommodations like the Breakers Express would have been. Hotel Breakers is over 100 years old and it showed. Window air conditioning units and bathrooms that remind me of what we had at Camp Tekoa. At least it gave us a good laugh every time we opened the door.
Overall Cedar Point was a perfect mini vacation spot. “Charleston” and I rode roller coasters all day Friday. The lines were surprisingly short so we were able to ride EVERYTHING. Several times “Charleston” had to remind me to slow down. I would step off one coaster and start talking and sprinting towards the next one. I couldn’t help it; I just get so excited about these types of things. Several times “Charleston” literally had to grab my hand and slow me down like a five year old running away from their parents! There was no stopping me! On Saturday we had a small battle with the weather but made the best of the day by riding several of our favorite rollercoaster’s and spending some time by the pool and lake.
Overall it was an excellent vacation with plenty of Blain and “Charleston” time. This trip made me fall more in love with him every day. It is icing on the cake that he loves this type of vacation as much as I do; laid back time, no makeup days, playing in the rain, riding thrill rides and staying in less than par hotels….what more could we have asked for!
I leave you with several pictures of our hotel. I did take my camera on this trip but due to the nature of the activities I did not take many pictures. It was just a little too risky to pull out the camera while riding a roller coaster that went 0 to 120 in 4 seconds! But…the ones I did snap I will share with you later in the week!
Pictures of our Hotel
(click to vew larger)








No comments:
Post a Comment