Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Growing Up

.
I remember specifically it was love at first sight. I was in the car with Beth, my real estate agent, and she was taking me to see a property that she thought I might be interested in. On the way there we past IT. IT had a FOR SALE sign in the front yard. I immediately looked over at Beth and asked the price of IT. Obviously IT was out of our price range because IT did not appear on my radar. I am not even sure if she had time to give me a number before I said “I don’t care, I want to see the inside.”


“Charleston” and I started our house hunt by listing our “must haves” and top of my list, besides 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms was location and neighborhood. I have no intention of buying a “starter” home for just “Charleston” and I. I want a space to grow into as a family. Therefore, I wanted a neighborhood like I grew up in - Something nice and safe; the kind that allows your kids to run down the street and out of sight with no worries. This house sat in that kind of neighborhood. “Charleston” wanted brick and this house was all brick. I wanted a nice lot with a low maintenance yard and this house has all that and more.

Beth made a couple phone calls and next thing you know I was walking in the front door. Besides having four bedrooms and three bathrooms, this house had a large living room, just the entertainment space “Charleston” and I both had on our list. Before even viewing every room I knew “Charleston” would be in love and couldn’t wait to get him over there. Next day, he looked, he saw, and he was even more in love then I was. Rush forward several days and we were going back and forth with the seller on a price. On April 2nd, our offer was accepted. Even though the listing price was above our price range, we negotiated enough bringing our final offer right inside where “Charleston” and I are comfortable! Now it’s the waiting game….inspection is tomorrow….our fingers are crossed it all goes well!

It has been weird discussing our house hunt with many of our friends and family because what might be important to us has proved to not be a priority for others. Therefore I am sure someone will look at this home and go “what are they thinking” while others will feel that the houses we look at throughout our house hunt are awesome. But in the end, it only matters to two people…me and “Charleston”. That’s what I am excited about. I am excited we are doing this together and we are in this as our own little family. It’s a cool experience in that this will be the first house that either of us has owned!

Keep your fingers crossed friends and say your prayers that this works out!! Keep you updated!

No comments: