Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Step Closer!

.
Want to know what I have been doing the past two days after work until bedtime?

This.......
Painting and Cleaning
Why am I painting my favorite orange kitchen nook back white you may ask?

Because "Charleston" and I are one step closer to being homeowners!  After the inspection, we worked with the sellers on the "repair" negotiations and are now just sitting and waiting for our loan to finalize and our closing date to come!  YAY!

In the meantime I have hit the ground running trying to get our rental townhouse back to its "original state", a.k.a. STARK white.  I was told by the property company that I was never supposed to paint in the first place but, if I had to come home everyday to an all-glossy-white apartment I would go crazy feeling like I was in a mental institute.  Our lease does not end until June 30th but there is a waiting list for our style townhouse and supposedly they go like hot cakes.  Therefore, the sooner we move out of here after closing the less money we waste on over lapping rent and mortgage.  Saving money is as good as cheese and crackers in my world!  I'm out!

A personal side note:  I had a tiny minor meltdown Wednesday while I was painting.  Reality hit me that we were moving out of this place.  As much as I cuss the kitchen because it is too small (yes, I do yell at it like it's a human), and rant on and on about how much I HATE the carpet....this place will always be a HUGE part of mine and "Charleston's" life.  This was our first place together.  The 1000 square feet that we shared and learned more about each other in the last year and a half then since we started dating.  It is where we got engaged on Christmas Eve morning and where we set up our headquarters to plan our wedding and begin our lives.  For that, I will miss this place dearly. 

No comments: