I feel totally overwhelmed when it comes to thinking about the wedding; probably because it has been on the back burner for several months since we started house hunting. I make lists in my head everyday about things I want/need to do but have yet to get anything checked off:
Flowers
Cake
Bridesmaids Dresses
Wedding website
Registry
Save-the-dates
Invitations
Guest book
Transportation
(OK my heart is beating fast again just thinking about it)
In the meantime I have started to think about where “Charleston” and I should register and what kind of everyday dishes would work for us. I am trying to convince him to go with me this weekend to get the ball rolling…
There are so many choices but since I get my grandmothers china I want to stick to just registering for casual dinnerware. Right now I am leaning towards Pottery Barn’s Cambria Dinnerware in Stone. I need to call my BFF Leslie who is the Pottery Barn connoisseur and get her opinion because my only concern with going for Pottery Barn dishes is, if one breaks, will I be able to find this pattern in 10 years compared to going for something more common like a Lennox pattern from Belk? Also, how often does Pottery Barn change their patterns? Will this still be available up until the wedding date next March?
Anyone have any advice?




3 comments:
Hey Blain! I registered at Pottery Barn for my every day dishes, and they are great. I went with the "great white" collection, which I believe they've had for a while. A lot of different patterns compliment it, but it's pretty basic itself. The only issue I've had is that the dinner plates don't fit in regular sized cabinets. Be aware of that, because I was completely caught off guard and had to move my dishes to my pantry and my food to my cabinets in our first house. We've just moved into a house with bigger cabinets, and they still didn't fit in the main ones. Luckily, I have a corner cabinet that works. I googled it, and many people had the same problem as me. I would check on that before registering for dishes at PB!! congrats on the new house btw :)
Yes, you need to call me! I agree with Erin about everything that she said. We went with the Great White Traditional which is slightly smaller than the Great White. Trying a dinner plate out in your cabinet (whatever you decide to go with, even if it isn't PB) is the best way to go...it is what I suggested to all my PB brides! Call me anytime!
Thanks ladies! I have two sets of plates now and one fits in our new cabinets and the other set does not so that is definitely on my radar! Good advice; I will measure before I go shopping!
Post a Comment