Friday, June 8, 2012

3-2-1 Cake

There is a new trend in my house every night....  Cook Dinner. Eat Dinner. Eat 3-2-1 Cake.
Yes, cake is being produced from my kitchen!
The baker in me is still trying to develop herself but this kind of cake requires no baking; just a microwave!

I learned of this recipe from my Weight Watchers leader here at work and then found it on the Ducan Hines Website here:  3-2-1 Cake  ( I make several adjustments to the recipe.  see below.)

It makes single servings which is perfect for portion control and it takes only minutes to whip up.

"Charleston" is in LOVE with the milk chocolate cake.  I used the Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate mix as well as Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix.  I top his with Light Cool Whip and Chocolate Syrup. 

Although I too have truly enjoyed this particular combination, I am looking forward to the next batch because I plan on mixing a Chocolate Fudge Cake mix with the angel food cake; I want more of a rich chocolate taste!

3-2-1 Microwave Cake

Recipe Description
This is a very easy cake for 1 or 2 servings.  It's light and you can do different things to it.  Try fruit on top, whipped cream or topping.  Have a can of cream or frosting handy to use too.

Ingredients
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 box any flavor regular Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooking spray

"Baking" Instructions
1.  Mix the 2 cake mixes together in a gallon zip-lock bag.
2. Spray microwave safe bowl with cooking spray
3.  To make the cake:  take 1/3 cup of the cake mix; mix this with 2 tablespoons water; mix together and micro-wave for 1 minute.  Let rest for 5 - 10 minutes and serve with toppings.
4. Fruit, whipped cream or topping. 
5.  Red Velvet, Chocolate, Spice, Banana, Strawberry, Lemon etc use your imagination on the mixes.


You can slide it out of the bowl and serve pretty on a plate like this:
but at my house, we don't have time for that step...we eat right out of the bowl!

image via

1 comment:

Leslie Nichols said...

That's it!?! Definitely making this! Thanks!