Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wedding Details


.
The next thing on my Wedding-To-Do list was our CAKE.  I selected our baker mainly by referrals from friends in the Charlotte area but, also because I have seen her work over and over again on Charlotte wedding blogs and fell in LOVE with her modern style and design. 
Cake Lady Jill is awesome!  Not only is she amazing at what she does, she is the sweetest spunkiest little thing!  So much fun to work with!

"Charleston" and I had our tasting last Thursday night at her bakery in downtown Pineville.  It was super easy to narrow down what flavors we wanted the cake; both of our favorites matched up perfect!  With that part complete, we moved onto the more important (at least to me) detail.....the LOOK.
I did NOT want a traditional wedding cake.  I knew I needed to come prepared so I took with me a quick selection of examples of cakes I am attracted to.  This is what I showed Ms. Jill:

Loved the faded color palette and the ruffles on this one:


 Loved the gold accents:


 Loved EVERYTHING about this one except the flower details.  Loved the faded color and detail to every layer.


 Loved, Loved, Loved a gold cake; especially when it looks like a confetti finish!


 Loved the shape and different take on the lace effect.

 A bow...yes please!
 Quickly Jill started sketching and came up with a design that is right up our alley.  She said she would draw it up on the computer and send us over a picture.  I can't wait to see it!
Forward wedding progress....yay!


No comments: