Thursday, April 17, 2014

Man Cave At The Atkins House

We are in the process of creating Matt's "man cave" (a.k.a. a family room)  in our downstairs area.

Several months ago we ripped out all the wood paneling and put up new sheet rock walls with baseboards and crown molding.  We put in a new sliding door that leads to the backyard that allows for a lot more light and are currently hunting around for a contractor to finish off some built-ins around the fireplace.
 
We FINALLY received the couches that Matt wanted that we ordered FOREVER ago from Sofa Mart here in Charlotte (Let it be known..I will NEVER buy a piece of furniture from there again.  Ever.) and... I am getting a large area rug made from a carpet remnant I found at a large carpet warehouse.

Slowly but surely its coming along....

Matt getting comfortable on his new couch. (Please excuse the ugly rugs.  I did not want the couches to sit on the tile and our new rug is not ready yet!)



I still need to find a coffee table, and maybe an end table, so right now I have my eye on this little beauty from Ballard Design.  I really want something with some storage but at the same time, not toooo bulky.
Morgan Cocktail Table

Seeing as how the couches are really dark, I think it would look nice to go with this table in gray:
Ballard Design
This room seems like it is taking forever to come together but...everything is turning out exactly like I had envisioned.  Patience.

1 comment:

Jennifer Tallent said...

I didn't realize you had started blogging again! But I'm so glad you did!! Keep it up :) See you soon!!