I turned 30 in February.
February 6th at 4 o'clock-something (Momma, where ya at when I need you on this one!)
Honestly,
Where the h*ll has time gone?!
That's us in Key West. Blain and Blair's 30th Birthday Bash!
We had an absolute fabulous time. We spent 3 nights in Key West and 1 night in Miami. It's going to be pretty hard to beat.
Turning 30 wasn't that hard. Weird, but not hard. It seemed like I was in my 20s FOREVER (not complaining).
My 20's were spent becoming ME.
I graduated college, started a career, went though some boyfriends, moved to Charlotte, went through a few more boyfriends ;), found the right boyfriend, bought a house, married the BEST boyfriend, met new friends while staying close with old ones, gained a niece and nephew and overall got in the groove of who I really am.
I wouldn't trade a single part of it. I am happy with the ME that I have built and everything that I have.
I still find myself getting itchy though...wanting more more more.
I'm human, its in our instincts right? Never FULLY complacent.
Matt gets so frustrated with me because I am CONSTANTLY walking around our house pointing out our next project.
Keeping my eye on the job board at work for my possible next step.
I told Matt yesterday I wanted to take a vacation next year to Budapest and Prague.
I keep the poor guy on his toes :)
I get so frustrated sometimes when these "plans" I have for my life do not play out exactly like I had them in my book.
I want more more more.
I have to remind myself to be patient.
All the things I want now now now are out of my control. Money does not grow on trees and the plan for my life is in His hands. The right time will come and the opportunities will come. I need to simply focus and just keep doing what I am doing and it will all work out in the end.
And a little more fun from Key West....
![]() |
| Blair and Sam drove their Caddy from Walkertown all the way to Key West |
![]() |
| A little boat cruise around the Keys |
![]() |
| A little stop at picnic island. |
![]() |
| It was a beautiful day. |









No comments:
Post a Comment