Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Friends, Wine and GOOD NEWS!

Secrets.
I am usually so good with secrets but this one has seriously given my lip muscles a cramp trying to hold it in…

“Charleston” is moving to Charlotte!

I am beside myself …although…I really don’t think it has hit me yet. It probably won’t until Sunday night on the 17th when he ends up staying in Charlotte instead of driving back to Greensboro!

Several weeks ago, “Charleston” had an interview with BASF, and afterwards I had this gut instinct that he landed the job. Something inside of me told me to stay positive and this situation would work itself out. We have talked over the last year about how bad we want to be in the same city and experience “week day life” together and so far, every day, I have prayed so hard this would one day come true.

Well being the intelligent, organized, self-motivated and responsible man that he is, “Charleston” is making this dream a reality. I am so proud of him for accomplishing this professional advancement and can’t wait to be the woman to stand behind him and support him throughout this new adventure. He starts his new job on October 18th and will officially become a Charlotte resident again! (He is from Charlotte so you can only imagine how excited his family is as well!)
**click on any picture to view larger**

Anyways…now that that giant cat is out of the bag…I can relax and move on to the wine festival…

On Saturday we attended the Great Grapes Wine Festival in SouthPark's Symphony Park. The weather was gorgeous; The music was entertaining; The wine was flowing. We walked around for an hour or two and sampled all kinds of North Carolina wines, in the process trying to look “professional” as we sipped, commented and swirled our glass. When we were done “sipping”, Lauren, “Charleston” and I pulled up a big blanket in the shade, bought two bottles of local wine and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon!
The weather was wonderful! Jeans and short sleeves...my favorite!
Miss Lauren Vincent came into town Saturday for the fun festivities! I am so blessed with the most amazing girls in my life!

Diva all around!

Cheers to my baybee!
Not only was Saturday the wine festival but it was also Miss Laura Faust’s birthday! With plans to go out that night, we opted not to stay at the wine festival ALL day so we headed over to Taco Mac to catch the NC State vs. VT game (which I will leave with no comment except for sad times for the Wolfpack) and a bite to eat and then home to rest up for a fun night at Dixie’s Tavern! Happy Birthday Faust!

Overall a fabulous weekend for Faust’s birthday and the news coming out that my hunny hunny is moving to Charlotte!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Woohoo!!! SO glad to hear your man is moving to Charlotte! I know you must be absolutely thrilled and I am so excited for you :)