Monday, February 14, 2011

Five Favorite Things: He's My Valentine


It might have been a year ago that I started doing a bi-weekly post on Five-Things-I-Love. Well in the spirit of Valentine’s Day today, I am bringing sexy back and starting the tradition once again with five things I love about my Valentine “Charleston.”

1. “Charleston’s” eyes. I know it sounds cheesy and corny but I honestly get lost in those baby blues. They always have such an innocent grin and crystal clear reflection that’s hard to resist. They are beautiful and they go right along with his soul – deep and passionate.

2. “Charleston’s” natural protective instincts. “Charleston” and I love to run together. We run around our neighborhood and through Freedom Park majority of the time which often takes us on the sidewalks of busy roads and major intersections. It always made me nervous because he tends to run slightly behind me at all times. At first I thought he just wanted to watch my backside ;) but realized when cars would pass he would always position himself between me and the traffic. It wasn’t until one evening, on a run, we were waiting to cross the street at a sharp curved intersection that I realized what he was doing. Cars started flying around the corner and he instinctively stepped up and held me tight against his backside so that he was between me and the headlights. He never says anything; he just does it, without hesitation. He makes me feel safe and taken care of. Always.

3. His ability to show the appropriate amount of P.D.A. I have dated guys before that refused to even hold my hand in public. It DROVE ME CRAZY. I do believe that there is a distinct line where enough is enough and there is a happy medium of what should be public and what should stay behind the bedroom door. “Charleston” doesn’t mind a little PDA and I love it. The way he naturally grabs my hand while we walk through the grocery store or leans over to kiss my head when we sit down at a restaurant just melts my heart. He doesn’t mind letting public know that I am his and we are together. Even when it is just the two of us in the living room, “Charleston” is naturally affectionate and I love every minute of it. He kisses me as soon as he walks in the door; snuggles with me on the couch and randomly walks into a room and gives me bear hugs. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

4. His Top Chef abilities in the kitchen. “Charleston” is an amazing cook. I love to cook but, I will have to admit that it is nice to be able to share the responsibilities. The best part is he OFFERS to cook as well as do the grocery shopping and prep work. He tells me to go sit down and he likes to handle everything. I had never thought that this would be something I would look for in a counterpart but…not having this responsibility EVERY night of the week and having the ability to actually sit down and relax after work is ridiculously nice. I don’t think I will ever thank him enough for sharing this task!

5. His dedication to his friends and family. “Charleston” has a heart of gold. He truly cares about other people and has the raw instinct to want to please others. Something has to be said for the guy that has friends from kindergarten and over the past 26 years has just added to the list. “Charleston’s” friends are always calling him, inviting us to dinner, movies, and drinks and to just hang out. I love that he is so genuine and has a deep liking to desire these close social connections because it is exactly how I am. “Charleston” cherishes his friendships and I can’t wait to build these friendships with him in the future.

This list could go on and on but….for now, those are just several ways that I cherish my valentine!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY FRIENDS!

No comments: