Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dinner Was Ready....Without Lifting A Finger

I know I have mentioned it over and over again but I can’t thank God enough for sending me a man that knows how to cook.  Never before did I think it was something I really cared about but after being spoiled by “Charleston” I hope I never have to look back.  I love to cook and always have BUT every girl deserves nights like this every now and then:
I went to the gym, came home and dinner was almost ready and on the table.  I didn’t have to lift a finger or make one decision about the menu.  I didn’t have to grocery shop, cut, chop, clean, etc. etc.  I made us each a water cup!
“Charleston” tried a new recipe for smoked beer can chicken and it was amazing!  He used a new rub which used almost every single spice in the cabinet but it was worth it, crisped to perfection.  He also grilled corn and baked some mini potatoes. 
What more could a girl ask for?....
......
.....
.....
.....
Oh yea, how about beautiful flowers from the Farmers Market?!  While I was sleeping in the following Saturday, "Charleston" made a quick run to the grocery and made an extra stop at the Farmers Market to pick me up these beauties!
They were gorgeous and they lived almost an entire week and a half!  It was incredible; I didn't instantly kill them (which is usually the norm in my house).

I count my blessings everyday.  Thanks "Charleston" for being you!

No comments: