Thursday, December 1, 2011

Charlotte Turkey Trot

It was cold but it was fun.  The best thing was that we did it together.
I love that running is something "Charleston" and I both enjoy.
I know I slow him down with my short legs and barely-there stride but he sticks with me and doesn't leave me behind.
We participated in the 8K run and started further back in the group which proved to be VERY frustrating.  We ran the first two miles at a snails pace behind the 4,000 some people ahead of us.  Finally when the road widened and the group got a little more spread out for miles 3 - 5 we were able to reach a comfortable pace.  Needless to say though there were no race winning times coming from the two of us (ha ha as if there would be anyways!), but, we finished and we finished together.  Mission accomplished!

And check out this cute chicka I ran into!
Laura was there running with her daddy!
Much love :)

Great start to Thanksgiving morning!

No comments: