Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy Slow Cooker Dinner

.
I was in a hurry the other day at the grocery store trying to pick something out for dinner. I knew I wanted to use my Crockpot but my brain wouldn't act quick enough to come up with something creative so I opted for this:

Best decision I made all week.  "Charleston" was working from home last Thursday so around 11:00am I had him follow the recipe on the back of the packet and by 7:00pm our dinner was done.
It was amazing.
The chicken was tender and the sauce had so much flavor.
I served it over rice for dinner.
For lunch the next day, I shredded the chicken like BBQ and served it over pasta - EVEN BETTER!

Try it!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH

You Will Need
2 ½ lbs. chicken parts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) fresh mushrooms, halved or sliced
1 pkg. McCormick® Slow Cooker Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste

PLACE chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker.
MIX Seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste until blended. Pour over chicken and mushrooms. Cover.
COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove chicken and vegetables to serving platter. Stir sauce before serving.

Makes 8 servings.

IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Going to make this! xx