He is an inspiration; a loving father; an amazing husband; and a dedicated friend. Even though I am already 25, I still want to grow up to be just like my father. The compassion that he has for everything he does shows in his work and with his relationships. The respect I see that his friends and family have for him is what everyone wishes to gain from others. My dad is exactly who he is and never tries to be anything else – it’s admirable.
Dad has been there for me in ways that I know he doesn’t even realize. My heart has been broken several times and the comfort that I find from my father in a long tight hug and several encouraging words means more than he will ever know. Dad is a man of few words, but when spoken I know they are true. Always encouraging to move forward, but always my personal cheerleader – I could never ask for better support. Dad is the backbone of our family.
Bless the poor fella’s heart that ends up with me because they have some pretty big shoes to fill to take the place of the “man in my life.” Dad can do everything; I mean EVERYTHING. Dad has set standards that I don’t think my future husband will ever be able to meet. I hope one day I find a man that loves me and my children the way my Dad has loved me, mom and Blair.
For everything that my dad has taught me in and about life, I will never be able to repay him. Even though he ran a tough ship when Blair and I were younger, the older I get the more I appreciate these “silent” lessons. I feel that I have grown up with a solid foundation and a realistic grasp on finances, values, responsibilities, and integrity. My wish in life is that in everything I do I make my dad proud because I could not be more proud to have him as my father. I hope he knows the impact he has had on me the past 25 years.


"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland
HAPPY FATHERS DAY POPPIE!
I Love You


1 comment:
Your dad sent me your blog link, and I love it!!! Funny -- I used a story about him and about you last Sunday for our Father's Day lesson for the high schoolers . . . it was the story about the time you left your make-up, and he drove it to you. However, he met you half-way; and you had to get out of the car to retrieve it. Remember that? :) Monica
Post a Comment