Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Who Share's Your Birthday ?


So yesterday was another day on the “funny farm.” If I could only allow each of you to be a fly on the wall in the office, you would honestly think you were watching an episode of “The Office”. It gets comical in here sometimes because we all sit SO freakin close together. Un-luckily, I have a corner desk that faces the entire floor so I have a grand view at all times. I could tell you what everyone’s kids had for lunch today, whose wife went to get an overpriced manicure, whose dog broke through the shock collar this morning, who hasn’t done laundry in three weeks, whose wife made him watch the Hills etc. etc. I could imitate any of my coworkers because I have to watch their every move for nine hours a day. Scary (and Sad)!
Anyway, it was a normal afternoon yesterday and we got on the discussion of who in history we shared our birthday with. (Don’t ask how we got all the way there; another story for a rainy day!)
We all hit up Wikipedia and immediately the comparisons started flying! I was very impressed with my findings and very proud to have a birthday on February 6th! Blair and I share our birthday with some pretty influential people!!! Check it out below!
I also now know the theme for our 26th birthday based off of a holiday observed in Jamaica! Get excited sister!
BIRTHS
1665 – Queen Anne of Great Britain (d. 1714)
1732 – Charles Lee, General in the American Revolution (d. 1782)
1895 – Babe Ruth, American baseball player (d. 1948)
1911 – Ronald Reagan, 4oth President of the United States (d. 2004)
1940 – Tom Brokaw, American news anchorman
1945 – Bob Marley, Jamaican musician (d. 1981)
1984 – Blair Higgins Howard, Sister (ha)

HOLIDAYS AND OBSERVANCES
Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand main holiday in New Zealand – also called New Zealand Day.

Who shares your birthday?!

No comments: