Monday, November 2, 2009

The Name Game


I like my name. Blain.
I was never confused with anyone else in my class. I actually have never met anyone else named Blain.
My parents gave me Blain as my first name and that is what they called me. None of this “William”/”Bill” stuff or middle names becoming the name you go by. My name was different, but was also pretty straight forward.
Naming a child is a HUGE task. As a parent, you are going to have to say this word so many times and never get sick of it. I think it is one of the biggest decisions in life. You make this decision one day and there is no turning back! It’s make it or break it for your child.
Therefore, what in the world were these celebrities thinking when they named their children! I know it’s cool to be different but…enough is enough.

Petal Blossom Rainbow: all three names for Jamie Oliver’s daughter

River: chosen by Keri Russell

Ocean: chosen by Forest Whitaker

Fire: chosen by Steve Vai

Sparrow: chosen by Nicole Richie and Joel Madden

Ruby Sweetheart: chosen by Tobey Maguire

Poet: chosen by Soleil Moon Frye for her daughter

Dream: chosen by NBA All Star Allen Iverson and singer Ginuwine

Story: chosen by Jenna Elfman for her son

Verve: chosen by Shawnee Smith

Peanut: chosen by Ingo Radenmacher

Navy: chosen by Nivea and Terius ‘The Dream’ Nash

True: chosen by Joely Fisher

Happy: chosen by Macy Gray

Daisy True: chosen for her daughter by Meg Ryan

Million: chosen by Mystikal

Banjo: chosen by Rachel Griffiths

Rain: chosen by Marisol Nichols and Corey Hart

And probably the dumbest of all…..
Pilot Inspecktor: chosen by Jason Lee

Poor kids; thank goodness you have famous parents and hopefully you will grow up with thick skin because you will be picked on. I can promise you that.

No comments: