**click on picture to view larger**
Olivia in her bumbo seat
I wake up in the morning to texts and pictures from my little supermodel. Yesterday she had to send me a picture of herself sitting up in her bumbo seat. She was so proud. I tell her that I am proud of her and that she is the cutest thing ever and she writes back and says:“I know I am cute Aunt Blain. That is my saving grace during fussy times! Or at least that’s what mommy says.”
She melts my heart; everyday. It’s hard to believe that she is Blair and Sam’s; that Olivia is a permanent part of our family and we don’t have to give her back to anywhere. It’s hard to believe that I get, from the very very beginning, to watch her grow up and go to college and get married and have little ones on her own. I get to watch her open her presents from Santa every Christmas and hunt for Easter eggs on Easter. It makes life worth living.
I look at this picture below from this past weekend and it makes me love life here in Charlotte. I love my friends from Eastover that I met when I first moved here and it never fails that I can be in for a good time when I am with them. I appreciate them for exactly who they are. I appreciate that they are so normal and they don’t always have to go to the “yuppie” bars in Charlotte. I appreciate that any place that has good music and decent priced drinks is OK with them. I appreciate the fact that they accept “Charleston” into the picture, hang out with him like they have known him as long as anyone else and make him feel welcome. I appreciate that they take care of me and watch after me like family.
**click on picture to view larger**
L to R: Lanny, Ashton, Ryan, Shaun, Dustin, Me, Kelly



No comments:
Post a Comment