Monday, July 19, 2010

Product Review

Several weeks ago Harris Teeter had Jennie-O products on the VIC special. I scooped up several new items to try in hopes of making dinner easier one night.

The first to come out of my kitchen was the Jennie-O Lean White Turkey & Gravy in roasting pan.

I popped this sucker into the oven, let it cook while I went for a run and came back and my main dish was ready. The turkey came out moist and excellent! (and low in calories!) The gravy added the extra flavor but did not weigh the dish down. This one container will probably last me four meals and today, I cut the turkey up and put it on bread for a sandwich – way better then lunch meat!

On the downside, because it is frozen it does pack a lot of sodium and it has to cook for 2 hours in the oven. But if you are like me, take a nap, go for a run or run some errands and come back and dinner is on the table; just plan ahead!

Overall it gets two thumbs up in my book. It will definitely make it on my next grocery list and become a staple in my freezer until I want another hot meal!

No comments: