Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Organization At Its Finest

I know I am my mothers child when it comes to keeping "stuff"; I just don't do it. If I haven't touched it, wore it, cooked with it, utilized it in anyway in the past year....through every season...then I probably will never touch, wear, cook or utilize it again therefore it is out the door.

except for one thing....

T-shirts

It's ridiculous. I don't know why I can' get rid of them. Between soccer t-shirts from high school and sorority t-shirts from college, I have one t-shirt per day for the entire summer/spring/fall season. The saddest thing is, my t-shirts take up an ENTIRE dresser. I am not kidding....An entire piece of furniture just to house t-shirts.

What is worse then having so many t-shirts is the task of trying to keep them all folded neatly on the dresser shelves (again, my mothers child; I am a neat freak). It sucks to want the one from the bottom and then mess up the entire pile as you pull it out. (Kind of like shopping off the tables in GAP; you know what I'm talking about people that wear the Medium or Large that's always on the bottom!)

Exhibit 1:
**click on any picture to view larger**

Because I can't yet seem to part with any of these T-shirts, I give you Exhibit 2: my solution - the rolling method and then stack like firewood!

Doesn't this look 10 times better? I can see all the colors, I can pull one out without messing up the rest. Pure genius I tell ya! Maybe now I will start wearing some that were on the bottom that I never knew I still had!


I will still admit that I do have an issue and need to get rid of some of these because I will NEVER get around to wearing all of them. My friend Laura made a really cute blanket out of the fronts and backs of her sorority T-shirts; using them as patches. That's always a cute option! Does anyone else know of some good ideas of ways to "preserve" these memories without really having to hang on to them in my dresser?

And on a side note.... I went home this weekend to hang out with my girlie-friends and "Charleston" and of course I couldn't miss seeing my little supermodel niece Olivia Claire!
**click on any picture to view larger**

I could eat her sweet little face off. When she looks at me like this she could get away with murder in my book!
I can only wish one day to have kids as cute as her!
Those big eyes look at me and I have to pick her up and squeeze her. She didn't last too long laying on this pillow! She just turned 2 months!
"I put my hands up, they're playing my song..."

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh my gosh, Blain, I am the SAME way. I throw out EVERYTHING!! Except t-shirts. I throw out all other clothes, decor, furniture. But not t-shirts, they are too sentimental to me :)

Jenna said...

haha. I'm sure your kids will be just as cute considering half the kid will already look like that. "charleston" is a pretty good contender in the looks dept...