
When I get something stuck in my head I am going to get it done and I will focus on it 100%. Sometimes it is a good thing and sometimes it will drive others crazy. It is my personality and I can’t help it. I am blaming it on my father; I am definitely his child.
Two weeks ago I decided that I wanted a new sofa-couch-love seat-sectional-something for my new apartment. My original plan was to use the couches that “Charleston” had at his old apartment in Greensboro but, after further investigation, they have been living with boys for the past five years and they might be hazardous to my health ;)
Mom and I started shopping in Winston-Salem and Greensboro last time I was at home and I found several things that I really enjoyed! Some were cute, smaller pieces with dainty fabric. Totally my style! I was thinking “chic” apartment with lots of fun soft colors. But then at the next store, I would fall in love with an elegant “library/study” dark leather sofa that screamed sophistication and reading a novel by a roaring fire with glasses hanging from the crease of my mouth.
There were sooo many choices……
But then again….
There were sooo few choices…..
My opinion on furniture is that you truly get what you pay for. You go cheap and you get cheap material and cheap fabric/foundation. You go expensive and you get a very nice piece that will withstand the test of time (but would you ever want to change your style a little?)
Therefore, for the past week I have been on a shop attack for the perfect couch. Serious crazy person shopping from the second I leave the office to the second my head hits the pillow. I questioned myself at times. My butt has felt every available couch in the Charlotte region.
Overall the verdict: there are a TON of overpriced, uncomfortable, ugly couches out there. If it doesn’t fall into this category then it is a ridiculously expensive 100% leather sofa way out of my price range.
On my very first day of shopping I fell in love with a beige/brown/tan sectional at Ashley Furniture. I didn’t want to jump the gun on the first day which I think is what sparked my shop attack (maybe this attack was more of a need-to-make-sure-there-is-nothing-else-out-there kind of shopping but…I was trying to stay as open as possible!) This sectional was not at all dainty like I thought I originally wanted but very traditional and strong enough to withstand boy.
Well…this first love has become my final love and I am going to purchase my very first big girl piece of living room furniture today from Ashley Furniture Home Store. I am excited! It is going to look perfect in my new place and I can’t wait to get a good movie and curl up in the corner with a cozy blanket!
The moral of the story: My persistence and stubbornness paid off because my urgency got me a fabulous BLACK FRIDAY discount!
*Click pic to view larger*
I can't wait for this to be in MY living room!



No comments:
Post a Comment