Well…officially in my book for three reasons:
1. I wore my coat on my walk to work and my walk home from work. Lately it’s just been worn once during the day but…not yesterday! I snagged this little puppy at Old Navy last week for $20.00 with a lovely sale price and a coupon!
2. Harris Teeter started carrying Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer again! Tis the season!. A drop of this magic will go in every cup of coffee until February when they pull it off the shelf again. Whoever said pumpkin shouldn’t be enjoyed year round is seriously disturbed.
3. I made my first crock-pot of chili for dinner tonight and to freeze for several lunches next week! I used a new “heathier” recipe I got from the Crockpot cookbook my momma gave me for Christmas last year. (Plus I already had all the beans in the pantry as well as a pound of ground turkey in the fridge intended for turkey burgers! It was just meant to be!)
Fall has been kicked in the butt and it’s finally here with fun coats, pots of chili and pumpkin spice! Bring it on!
Three Bean Turkey Chili
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours
Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powdersalt to taste
Directions
1. Cook and stir turkey and onion in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Transfer to 4 1/2-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover; cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours.
Along with my chili tonight I am making these corm muffins I saw Rachael Ray make Monday night on 30-Minute Meals. (Hey, if the Chili is “healthy” my caloric intake can withstand a little bacon and cheddar!)
Corn Muffins with Bacon Bits and Cheddar Cheese
Serves:
6 to 8 muffins depending on tin size
Ingredients
A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 box corn muffin mix plus ingredients according to package directions to make 1 batch muffins
1 rounded teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1/3 pound brick sharp yellow Cheddar, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
Directions
Preheat oven to muffin mix package directions.
Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil into a small skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add bacon to hot pan and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
Prepare the muffin mix and muffin tin to package directions. Stir in paprika, chives, chopped cheese and crisp bacon bits. Fill muffin tins and bake until golden brown.


No comments:
Post a Comment