Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Almost Official...My New Home

A little while ago I told you all that I was moving out on my own; putting my big girl panties on and braving the world by myself. I have had roommates since the womb and I am finally ready to take this leap of faith. I have searched high and low across the Charlotte area in hopes of a reasonably priced, two bedroom condo/apartment in an area I am comfortable with. I still want to be close to Uptown and work, but love the Myers Park, Dilworth, Selwyn and Elizabeth areas around Charlotte. The problem with these areas is that they are SO expensive. For the past several weeks I have shopped online and put more miles on my car then it has seen all year driving around checking out FOR RENT signs in the front yards of many houses. After endless hours of number crunching and soul searching I have finally made a decision (lease isn't signed but deposit is down; cross your fingers!).......Drum Roll Please.....
....
....
....
...
....
....
.....
....
....
....
...
...

and here she is...
**CLICK ANY PIC TO VIEW LARGER**
I have chosen this little two story brick townhome with 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths. It sits in a perfect location that is close to work and a wonderful neighborhood not far from Freedom Park!
Rhonda Honda has already made herself at home as well. She looks so cute sitting out front!
It is an older townhome but all utilities are included so I know exactly what my payments are going to be each month. For a type A planner personality like myself, that is right up my alley! I can run the air or heat all I want and not fret over every little degree! (hand wash dishes..ha..yeah right! use that water!) (Just kidding. I do love the environment and will still keep these resources in mind and not go crazy!)

Oh yeah, and boyfriend and I went to the NC State vs. Clemson game last Saturday at Clemson. This was "Charleston" and I before the game when I was pumped and excited to experience Death Valley and how silent it was going to sound when we kicked some tiger butt....
Too bad it was this Wolfpack's butt who walked out in silence. Man what a game. I was not a happy camper on the ride home. At least I was in good company of the Atkins family!


No comments: