Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms AGAIN!

I am obsessed with stuffed mushrooms. I have tried many many recipes and so far the one I posted last year around this time (click right here) has been my FAVORITE! Well the Pioneer Woman has done it again and provided me with a new stuffed mushroom recipe that I can not wait to get my hands on this weekend! It includes one of my favorite ingredients ~ ONIONS!!! And lots of them....

French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 whole Large Onions, Halved And Sliced Thin
¼ cups Beef Broth
7 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
Splash Of Red Or White Wine
½ cups Grated Gruyere Cheese (can Use Swiss)
Kosher Salt
24 whole White Or Crimini Mushrooms, Washed And Stems Removed
Minced Parsley

Preparation Instructions
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.

Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed mushrooms, then sprinkle Gruyere over the top. Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. Turn on broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the top of the Gruyere starts to bubble and slightly turn brown.

Sprinkle minced parsley over the top and serve.


YUMMMM I can't wait!


No comments: