Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gas Prices....Seriously?!

I bought my 2007 Honda Accord back in June 2007 and I remember driving her off the Burlington Honda lot back to Raleigh thinking I had just hit the jack pot! I was so excited to be behind the wheel of my very own brand new car! (I was excited until reality hit and I got my very first bill from Honda financial :) ) It was my very first “big” purchase as a college graduate and a grown up. Well I am happy to announce that she is almost 100% totally paid for and 100% mine. No more car payments! Just maintenance and gas! Whoo hoo!

Last weekend while I was at home, I was joking around with my dad about making him a swap for my mom’s 4Runner or selling him my Honda to drive as his “around town/work car.” Now, we were JUST joking; I could not imagine selling my baby right now and beginning ANOTHER car payment. My Honda is still in great shape and running like a charm; she is all I need. But, in the excitement of thinking about new cars, I started to dream of a new 2011 4Runner, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD. Well, yesterday afternoon these dreams were quickly halted and put on the back burner for probably another 5 years because I saw this:
**click pic to view larger**
The gas station right down the street from my house
Holy Cow! Who in their right mind can afford $3.41 gas prices! Could you imagine the pit in your stomach as you stood at the pump and filled up one of those gas guzzlers? That would be a car payment in itself each month!

I have the dream of owning an SUV one day but until gas prices fall off tremendously, it is just not worth the additional price :(

These will have to be put on hold:

2011 4Runner
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2011 GMC Sierra Denali HD (wouldn't I look hot driving this! I would even take the boat behind it!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

We are totally on the same page. I am in LOVE with the new 4runners and Grand Cherokees. However, my wallet is NOT! I'll be sticking with my TL for a bit longer :)

Anonymous said...

I found gas yesterday for $3.16 yesterday on Nations Ford. A little sketchy, but I'm with you its outrageous!!