Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Top Of The List Every Trip




When “Charleston” first moved to Charlotte he moved in with his sister and brother-in-law. I LOVED it when he lived there because his sister and brother-in-law are the most awesome people and so much fun to be around. Therefore we would stay over there more times than none cooking dinner, watching TV and just hanging out. While cooking dinner one night I noticed something a little peculiar in their cabinet. Above their oven they have a cabinet (like we all do) that contains the usual items: aluminum foil, cling wrap, zip lock bags, wax paper, and all other products of that sort. They had one of everything EXCEPT wax paper…..they had at least 6 rolls of the same stuff, same size, same brand! There wasn’t a sale that week on wax paper and they didn’t buy it in bulk…who knows??!

So I confronted “Charleston” about it to see what the deal was with the excess wax paper and he said that his brother-in-law always picks up a roll “just in case” every time he goes to the grocery store. Just one of his habits!

Well yesterday, at the grocery store, I noticed I do the same thing!

It never fails that when I go grocery shopping, no matter what meals I have planned for the week or what I came to buy, I ALWAYS grab an onion, package of mushrooms and fresh garlic. I might already have all three in the fridge at home but after my trip, I then have two of each! It's weird though because before they ever go bad, they always get used in some way-shape-or-form.

When I go to Wal-Mart, no matter if I need more or not, I always grab a thing of Tide laundry detergent and Olay bath bars! Right now I have three things of laundry detergent and 12 bars of soap! The worst thing is this stuff isn’t cheap!
But...on a positive note...while our breath stinks of garlic onion and mushrooms, we smell glorious like a fresh field of lilies with a hint of extra moisturizer!







No comments: