It’s probably the best piece of one-line-advice my mother has ever given me.
“Blain, If you want all of those things to happen, then you will have to become a lesbian” – Mom
My mom’s a smart lady. She has almost 29 years worth of marriage in her back pocket. If I ever get frustrated about something in my relationships she is my go-to-one-phone-call-away. So I called her in tears one day about who knows what exactly- probably a laundry list of things. I was crying and complaining about things I didn’t understand; why guys do somethings, why they don’t do others, what I think they should do, how I want him to do things WITHOUT me having to ask . No one’s relationship is perfect but...by golly sometimes I feel like I can make mine right up there.
So on this day I was up on my soapbox as the tears were flowing:, “Well why doesn’t he……Well I wish he would…..Well he doesn’t understand when….Well he never…” and in the middle of my rant, rave and sobbing tears Mom finally spoke up and in a loud stern voice said: “Blain, if you want all of those things to happen, then you will have to become a lesbian.” She was dead serious. My tears immediately dried up and I didn’t know to laugh or just shut up.
She said men and women are nothing alike and never will be. I will never be nurtured and cared for 110% like I feel like I nurture and care for him. It is the name of the game. God made women to be NATURALLY nurturing and caring; he made us to be mothers. That was not the intent for men. They have to work to take on the qualities and it doesn’t come as easy, that’s why he can do it so well one day, but the next day, just slap a huge FAIL sticker on top of the situation and walk away.
She was totally right. If I want that long list of things from a significant other day in and day out like I was complaining about, the only way I was going have this happen was to become a lesbian. Men just don’t do all these things and they don’t think like women do; they never have and never will. I have to get over it. God made them this way; that’s just how they function.
Leave it to mom to slap some common sense into me, just kind of in an unconventional way :)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment