Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


I made this several weeks and ago totally forgot to post the recipe! My mom asked for it several times, so now, in her honor, its getting its own post!


It really doesn't need an introduction. It's a chili. It's in a crock pot. No other word describes it except for EASY.


The first night I enjoyed it I served it over rice!


The second night I served it with Tostitos Scoops for dipping!


On the third night I scooped it out with a slotted spoon and served it in taco shells with lettuce, cheese and avocado for an original taco filling!


I still had three servings (or more) left so I put them into plastic containers and froze them. I busted one out today for lunch and ate it like soup and it was still as good as the first day!



click pic above to view larger

courtesy of: Gina's Skinny Recipes


Ingredients

1 onion, chopped

1 16-oz can black beans

1 16-oz can kidney beans

1 16-oz can tomato sauce

10 oz package frozen corn kernels

2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes with chillies

1 packet taco seasoning

1 tbsp cumin

1 tbs chili powder

24 oz (3 - 4) boneless skinless chicken breasts

chili peppers, chopped (optional)

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.

No comments: