So last night it came down to decision time. My memory card was full and some pictures just had to go. As I was scrolling through each of them, laughing my butt off at many (especially my birthday, which, I will have to say, I don't feel comfortable posting on the Internet because it was that fun of a time :) ), I came across some from our trip to "Charleston's" grandmother's farm in St. Stephen, SC.
"Charleston's" mom's family grew up in the Charleston, SC area and after most of her kids had moved out and left for college, she wanted more land so she bought a house in St. Stephen. Long story short, she now lives in TN, closer to one of her daughters but still owns the house in St. Stephen. The family still goes down to the farm to ride four wheelers, shoot skeet, hang out and have a relaxing weekend in the middle of nowhere!
So......that's exactly what we did. "Charleston" and I as well as three of our friends, Brian, Cristin, and Carter went down for the weekend to enjoy the weather and "play" outside.
And here are some of the pics to tell our story!
**click any picture to view larger**
Boys being Boys. The day wouldn't be complete without having to drive a big tractor and pulling a tree out of the ground...its the little things in life that keep them occupied!
Carter on the tractor - "Charleston" being the ring leader - and Cristin and Brian on the four wheelers ready to take off if the worst happened.
The boys shooting skeet
I don't know why but it was actually kind of attractive to watch my hunny shoot. Makes him a real man ;)

And then it was my turn. I can't tell you how nervous I was. I HATE guns. The sight of them scare me. You can't see it here but I was honestly weak in the knees - same feeling as if you would have handed me a python.
To start "Charleston" placed a skeet on the ground to see if I could hit something sitting still. Come to find out, I am not that bad! I blew it up first shot! But my heart was racing and I honestly got tears in my eyes because it was so loud and still scared me to death. I immediately sat down and didn't want to touch a gun again. But after I watched the boys for awhile, my competitive side came out and I wanted to know if I could shoot skeet in the air. Sure enough, Carter through a couple out for me and I got all of them, first shot! (I think my b/f was impressed!)
And then it was my turn. I can't tell you how nervous I was. I HATE guns. The sight of them scare me. You can't see it here but I was honestly weak in the knees - same feeling as if you would have handed me a python.


No comments:
Post a Comment