I have been in Charlotte now for about three and a half years and I like to think I have done a pretty good job at getting out and learning my new surroundings. I never look at maps anymore (and I still don't own a GPS) and whenever someone asks me for a suggestion of where to eat, I usually always have an idea on the tip of my tongue. I love food and I love "non-chain-hole-in-the-wall-privately-owned-cultured-unique-no-one-else-has" type of places and I know I have moved to the right city because there is so much to choose from here in the Queen City!
Some of my faves and what I what I am usually addicted to ordering every time:
Momma Ricottas – Chopped Salad and Penne Alla Vodka with shrimp
Alexander Michael’s – Spicy Crab Soup and toasted bread (you have to ask for the side of bread! But it's free!)
Tavern On The Tracks – Steak In The Grass
Enso – Maryland Roll
Cowfish – Crab Salad and the Firecracker Roll
Owen’s Bagel & Deli – Mandy’s Mayhem on Ciabatta bread
The Open Kitchen – Stefano’s Lasagna
Crisp – Steakhouse Salad
The Liberty – Pub Burger OR since their menu changes monthly, whenever they have the Pork Chops, they are awesome!
Bid Daddy’s Burger Bar –Frenchie turkey burger
Zada Janes – Zada Jane’s Shrimp and Grits
Rock Bottom – Cajun Fish Tacos
LaVecchia’s – Fried Oysters Rockefeller to start and then the Almond Crusted Tilapia
Dilworth Neighborhood Grille – Chicken Spiedie Wrap
Coco Osteria – farfalle pasta (I am drooling right now!)
Fenwick’s On Providence – Petite Filet or Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
ICEHOUSE SouthEnd – Their WINGS are amazing!
Cabo Fish Taco – Tavarua Tuna Tacos
15 North Roadside Kitchen – Main Lobster Rolls OR Boneless Buttermilk Fried Chicken
New Zealand CafĂ© – Excellent Sushi Chef at this place! Just trust him and get the Sushi boat and split it with friends!
Eddie’s Place – Shrimp Salad Sandwich on Ciabatta bread with all the fixins!
Nolan Kitchen – Zucchini Chips to Start and either Miso Broiled Salmon Sandwich OR Miso Glazed Salmon
Pasta and Provisions – Fresh Rosemary and Garlic pasta. Next time you make chicken marsala at home, get this pasta to go with it!
Einstein Bros Bagels – California Chicken Wrap
The Kings Kitchen – Veggie Plate (Choice of 4 sides) Mac & Cheese, Collard Greens, Creamed Potatoes with Gravy and Rosa’s Fried Green Beans (they sometimes have Okra which is also YUMMY!)
Providence Road Sundries - The Fish Sandwich - best in Charlotte!
Mellow Mushroom - Philosopher's Pie
Philosophers Stone Tavern - Sunday Bloody Mary Bar and The Black & Blue Devil Burger
Whiskey Warehouse - The Wedge Salad (Not just your normal wedge salad, this one is topped with Sirloin!)
Terrace Cafe - Tempura Chicken Fingers- so far from "kiddie food"!
Mac's Speedshop - just get the BBQ any way you like! You can't go wrong!
Nix Burgers & Brew - The Turkey Burger
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment