Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crisp Tuna-Cabbage Salad


Several weeks ago I was on a search for the ultimate cabbage recipe. I had leftover cabbage from fish tacos and had no idea how to get rid of it but hated to throw it away. I stumbled across this recipe at The Kitchn.com and it turned out to be an awesome idea to pack in my lunch! I made individual batches every night before bed and let it chill in the fridge over night. It's fresh, light, and satisfying. Perfect!




Crisp Tuna-Cabbage Salad

Find it here: Recipe online


2 servings
One 5-ounce can tuna, drained

2 cups finely chopped cabbage

1/4 cup minced chives

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

3 tablespoons yogurt

Salt and freshly ground black pepper


Shred the tuna with a fork and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Eat immediately or else refrigerate for up to two days.


**click the pics to get a close up**

No comments: