Monday, April 4, 2011

Homesick

It hit me like a brick wall last week.

I was homesick.

I NEEDED my family in a desperate way.

I wanted to be in Kernersville and hang out with the people that mean the absolute most to me. I felt like a left alone 2nd grader at summer camp.

So on Wednesday afternoon I told “Charleston” that I was going to go home and hang out with my parents and Sister on Saturday. I know gas prices are high and I was just putting miles on my car, but at that point, nothing was going to stop me, I NEEDED my family. “Charleston” asked if I wanted him to go with me and in the most polite way I told him that really I wanted to go alone; have them all to myself.

On Saturday at 6:00am I was on I-85 headed north toward Kernersville so that I could get to Sister’s house in time to get Olivia and her bed head out of her crib when she woke up! I needed hugs; I needed kisses and I needed all things laid back and familiar.

I made it just in time for the little peanut to open her eyes and need a diaper change. Blair and I simply hung out and played with Livi which made the perfect start to my Saturday morning. Mom came over several hours later and joined right in to the “do-nothing” Saturday activities.

We had lunch with Grandma at The Loop and before I knew it I was on I-85 South headed back to Charlotte. It was a quick trip home but just the right dose of family I needed to get over part of my homesickness.

(I think it also helps that I knew I would be going home again this coming weekend for the entire weekend! :) )

**Click any picture to view larger**
Olivia is getting to be such a big girl. She just crossed the 10 month mark and she can crawl up a storm. She is working on being able to stand on her own but the second she begins to tip over, she crumbles to the floor like a scaredy-cat.
Olivia rocked out her new pink crocks to lunch! She melts my heart.
"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." - Erma Bombeck

No comments: