My weekend included a little bit of this peanut.....
Livi - the purple little people eater
And then this....I was talking with Blair's mother-in-law, Barbara, Saturday morning telling her how I HATE to read but always try and pick up a good one to take to the beach with me. (Even though 99% of the time I still don't make it to page 20.) In several weeks I am headed to Folly Beach with "Charleston's" family and I told Barbara that this year I thought I might try to read The Help while I am there. I saw the preview for the movie and thought I might try to be one of those people that reads the book and goes and sees the movie! I have NEVER done that. It's so much faster to just see the movie. :)
Well that same afternoon Barbara popped her head in Blair's house and handed me the book. She had gone to Boarders (to check out the sales since they are closing) and picked up a copy just for me! I was ecstatic! (Thanks Barb!) Saturday night, Blair and Sam went to a birthday party so I stayed at home with Livi-belle. After I put her to bed, I didn't know what to do with myself; I had no one to play with and the TV selection was worse than a Sunday morning.
So...I picked up the book and started on page 1. Two hours later I couldn't put it down. What was wrong with me! I never get into a book like this! Since then, that's all I have wanted to do. I am addicted. (I read last night instead of catching up on episodes of Say Yes To The Dress if that tells you anything.) I am more than half way through now and will honestly probably finish it by the end of this week!
What in the heck am I going to read now at the beach? Any suggestions?! I am on a roll with this reading thing, give me something good!
One a side note: I am slightly very proud of myself; this is going to be the first book I have finished in over a year! Maybe I turned over a new "grown up" leaf in my life!



2 comments:
Oooh I have a good book suggestion for you - The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan... you'll laugh and cry. I read it at the beach a couple years ago and it's still one of my all-time favorites.
Come shop at my house for some books...after I unpack! I got tons before my beach vaca
Post a Comment