Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crock-Pot Meatloaf

Call me crazy but I had this really weird urge to use my crock-pot and fill my home with a comforting smell while I ran around after work like a chicken-with-my-head-cut-off getting things done.

Therefore, I did just that.  I googled a quick recipe before leaving work, stopped by the Harris Teeter on the way home, grabbed a "meatloaf meat mix" (I already had all the other ingredients!) and stormed through the door to get that puppy cooking.

"Charleston" was working in Raleigh yesterday so he would be home a little later than usual so I had plenty of time to get done all I needed to while my loaf of meat cooked.  I went to Wal-mart, cleaned out the fridge, went to the gym, started some laundry and did my nails!  Very productive little afternoon/evening!

At 8:00pm, after my house had achieved just the right scent and the man was home from work, salivating, my crockpot meatloaf was cooked to perfection.


Crock-Pot Meatloaf

By Gail Farber of Romeoville,Ill.

Ingredients:
2 beaten eggs
3/4 c. milk
2/3 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
2 T. grated onions
1/2 tsp. ground sage
1 1/2 lb. ground meat (Harris Teeter makes a meatloaf mix: pork, ground beef and veal)  Use whatever combo you like!

Sauce
1/4 C. Ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:
Put loaf in Crock-Pot on low 5-6 hours (Longer is OK.)
Pour sauce over meat in the last 15 minutes on high.


My theory still holds true that meatloaf is not a "looker" meal;  I mean it's a loaf of meat.
But, check out the heat coming off it!  Total comfort food!

With the meatloaf we had couscous and baked asparagus.  Quick and easy meal!

No comments: