I scored the most amazing Peanut Butter Fudge recipe several weeks ago from one of my co-workers, Sara. It is her Granny's "secret" recipe and I couldn't wait to bring it into my kitchen and get my hands on it! Therefore the opportunity arose for "Charleston's" sister's birthday! Happy Birthday to Lorene; lets celebrate with some fudge!
Granny's Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients
5 cups sugar
2 sticks butter (don't cheat, use the real deal! none of that low fat stuff.)
1 large can evaporated milk
4 teaspoons pure vanilla
2 cups peanut butter (again, don't skimp! be real here! after 5 cups of sugar your calories are already out the window)
1 - 7 ounce can marshmallow cream
Directions
Combine butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. When mixture reaches a full boil, cook 10 minutes longer (OR until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees). Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter, and marshmallow cream. Blend thoroughly and pour into buttered baking dish. Let cool. ENJOY!
**Helpful Tip: I line my baking dish with wax paper and then butter the wax paper. Keeps things clean and a lot easier to remove fudge after it cools!
Let's Begin:
Gotta love a little bubbly!
And then because I was constantly stirring and adding ingredients after the bubbly was done, I didn't get a picture until this point. (and because I was a supper messy cook and I didn't want you to see the rest of my kitchen!)
After I let it cool for AT LEAST an hour (better be safe then sorry!) I pulled the wax paper out of the pan and cut each block into smaller squares.
Side Note: I made two batches.....again, better be safe then sorry :)
It looks a little crunchy/crusty on top but don't let the pictures fool you; its really all melt in your mouth. Honestly.


No comments:
Post a Comment