Friday, October 14, 2011

Piperlime Had A SALE

I was so excited.  Piperlime was having a sale AND I had several coupons and discounts that I could stack together!  I shopped and shopped and shopped (without going too overboard because I totally could have) and purchased three pieces.

The anticipation built as I received a "Confirmation of my Order" email, a "Your Order Has Shipped" email, and then on Tuesday a "Your Order Has Been Delivered" email.  I couldn't get home fast enough!

BUT

It all came crashing down as soon as I tried the first blouse on. 


I ordered the peasant top below in two sizes: Small and Medium
I always do that, just in case, since its free shipping and return!
I put the small on and it simply fell off my shoulders, down to my waste and ended up on the floor.
It was HUGE! 
I double checked the tag to make sure I had not ordered a "plus size small" and I hadn't.  It was a regular.
Bummer. 
RETURN.




Moving onto this beauty below.
Everything looked promising when I pulled it out of the bag.
(Ordered a Medium because that's all they had.)
Put it on and BUMMER too big.   Again.
Also, the area that looks light pink on my computer is really more of a "rose."  Also, the "rose" color material is 100% see through.  I'm not sure what you would wear under this part.
Sad times.




Last but not least...a blouse for work.
Ordered it in a medium because that is all they had in this color.
Good News!
Its a little big but actually looks nice!
I'm going to take it to my alterations lady and get her to take it in a little on the sides and it will fit like a glove! The blouse was only $21 and with $6 of alterations....can't beat the price!


One out of three isn't too bad is it?

Moral of the shopping story:  Order waaaayyyy smaller then your usual size when ordering from Piperlime!

No comments: