Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trick-Or-Treat More-Candy-To-Eat

Halloween is probably my WORST holiday when it comes to eating habits.

Like I have said many times, I am constantly conscious about what I put into my body. Being “conscious” doesn’t always stop me from eating a cheeseburger or mozzarella sticks but it does mean I will have a salad for lunch if I am going to splurge on a dinner.

With most other holidays I have a very clear picture of how much sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, stuffing, and turkey will set me back, but Halloween candy just throws me for a loop. It is just so little and small right? I probably shouldn’t even need to “count” it. It’s just one piece….well maybe two or three.

Lets back up a minute to the fact that I don’t really have a sweet tooth. I don’t ever buy candy or chocolate and I can walk down the candy aisle at the grocery and not even pause, but something about Halloween candy just lures me in. I honestly think it’s because it runs rampant in the office and around friends’ houses and I just consume without thinking.

Again, it’s one tiny piece right? Or two or three.

Long story short, Halloween candy definitely does not help me fit into my jeans from last year.

It is straight up empty calories.

Not tooooooo bad if you only participate in this practice for a week or so but how many of your offices are like mine that have lingering Halloween candy well into Thanksgiving?

Not good.

Just to give you a heads up on what your consuming this Halloween, check out the calorie facts on some of your favorites with the articles here:

Carbs and Calories in Halloween Candy – Halloween Candy Unwrapped

And here:

Evil Halloween Candy


Some of my faves include:

M&Ms, Plain, fun size – 88 calories

Hershey’s Miniature Bars (Mixed) – average 42 calories

Kit Kat, fun Size – 73 calories

Skittles, fun size – 80 calories

Candy Corn, 11 pieces – 70 calories

Now if I devour an assortment of my favorites over the day….I could easily consume an extra 400 calories plus. This could equal a sandwich from Subway or a grilled chicken salad which I would have really rather have then candy.

This Halloween I vow to my body to pay attention.

No comments: